

One of my regular gigs is doing the splash pages for the Tales of the Turtles comic series. They usually loosely depict whatever the theme of the story is, not an exact event in the story. Dan Berger wrote this issue and he provided me with the cover he did as my starting point. So all I knew was that it was Shadow in a post apocolyptic future. When I sat down to do the roughs for the picture I kept thinking of a book I read when I was in my early teens, it was the first SF book ever read in fact..DAYBREAK 2250 AD. The book took place in a similar setting so while I am not usually a big fan of "homage" (swiped!) covers, I thought that I'd pay a little respect to the book that probably had something to do with me ending up where I am today. I'll have to reread it one of these days!

2 comments:
Mike,
That's a tres cool homage to an iconic cover. I remember reading that book long ago, though it may have been under its original title, "Starman's Son". Nice job!
-- PL
Looks amazing. I've been wishing and hoping for an adult Shadow story for years now.
Post a Comment