Monday, March 23, 2009

Wonder Woman vs. Enchantress



A couple of recent commission drawings. Something definitely seems to be up with Enchantress, I had a couple of requests for her lately...makes me wonder.
Wonder Woman is always a fave. She's not easy to get right, but I really like trying to capture her noble quality.
These are both drawn pretty big (for me that is) 11x17 with a 4B pencil.

4 comments:

dark turtle said...

Beautiful stuff, Mike. WW looks pretty noble to me there (I especially like the Roman column detail), and I love Enchantress's "come hither" pose. Very cool!

Lea said...

Both pictures are beautiful. I especially like the facial expression on the Wonder Woman one.

Have you happened to see the new animated Wonder Woman film that came out a few weeks ago? If not you really need to, it's great. Awesome action and really funny (which kind of surprised me)

Michael Dooney said...

thanks, no I haven't seen the WW cartoon yet. A buddy of mine usually gets those direct to dvd cartoons so I'll probably check it out soon. I heard the Dr.Stange one was pretty good too.

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I agree the WW cartoon DVD is great. Plus, recently released on DVD is Hulk vs Thor, and vs Wolverine. Two different stories on one DVD. Now Enchantress appears on the Thor story and she looked great so perhaps that is where the requests are coming from.

Oh, both drawings are great, especially WW.

Israel