Monday, January 08, 2007

The process...



Since you never can tell what you're going to get when you commission a sketch, I've developed a routine that hopefully keeps everybody happy. I do two quick rough sketches and the buyer pics the one he likes better and that's the pose I go with for the final drawing. Every once in a while they can't decide and I get to do both;)
Hey if you ever see me at a con, I usually have a folder full of these roughs for like $5 each...I've got a lot ot them!

5 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Your "process" is one of the best in the business. I enjoy getting a preview and some input before the drawing is done. I will look through your stuff if I ever see you at a con. It would be cool to pick up the prelims to sketches you have done for me.

Nice Batgirl BTW.

Michael Dooney said...

If you want to remind me what I've done for you, I can dig through and see if I still have any of the roughs.

Royce Thrower said...

You did a Mary Marvel, A Wonder Woman, And a Lara Croft...ALL with a Scottish Terrier.

Thumpasaur said...

So basically its one ass cheek and two tits or two ass cheeks and one tit. That could be a rough choice.

Thumpasaur said...

So basically its one ass cheek and two tits or two ass cheeks and one tit. That could be a rough choice.